Monday, June 11, 2007

Kia Ora!


Well, I'm here! In Albany, Auckland, New Zealand. The trip went quite smoothly, the 13-hour Qantas leg being the favorite. With 3 seats to myself, a digital library of music, movies and TV to choose from and pretty decent meals, Qantas offered a comfortable traveling experience. I slept most of the way, nodding in and out of consciousness as I stared out of the portal window watching the constellations turn up-side down. An astronomers delight! My mp3 phone offered a wonderful audio-accompaniment. The seat-back TV also offered a flight tracking option as can be seen in the pic.

After traveling beneath the Kia Ora greeting, I claimed my bag and found my friend Rob waiting for me. The pre-dawn atmosphere was wet but comfortable. We jumped in his CRV, after I mistakingly tried to get in the driver-side. This is a mistake I've made twice more since then. (The Kiwis drive on the opposite side we do, you see.) We then went to his and Kelhi's charming flat in Albany Auckland. After catching up we hit one of their favorite cafes for breakfast. I couldn't help but notice the symbol of New Zealand, the Silver Fern, sketched in the foam of my 'flat-white' latte.

The place is full of living green. Trees and vegetation are quite lush, even in this winter-time clime. Right now I've some down-time to watch the birds play outside Rob and Kel's patio and send you all and update.

Tonight they made me some massaman curry!

May Tuesday greet you as well as it has New Zealand! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you made it safely, my friend. Keep us up to date. All is fine here, house and fish miss you but enjoyed a fresh face.

June 11, 2007 at 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home