Monday, March 17, 2008

Keeping in Touch

Recent news of the explosions at the munitions dump in Albania brought some thoughts to mind. The most important ones were those that said "I know people there - people that treated me with great generosity and looked after my well-being during life-threatening times." It reminded me that I have not done a very good job of keeping in contact with them and don't know if I will be able to inquire into their own well-being.

I don't think the people I know were directly affected by the explosions. That is, I hope. Though it has killed a dozen or so, injured 240, leveled 300 buildings and could be heard in Skopje, the capital of Macedonia. (That's quite far away.)

This kind of thing just reminds you that you want people to be safe. Not only the people that you love, but anyone, for that matter.

Part of my intentions of this blog, in addition to helping a sometimes absent-minded person remember what he ate for breakfast, is to communicate. There are many people I hold so dear to me, but will never be told that. In this way I carry those people I love with me. Forgive an impertinent romantic his sobs.

So, if I have not heard from you in awhile and you be reading this, please tell tale of how you fare. How are my friends in Tirana? Mallorca? If you have the opportunity send brief word my way. Now, I have to go find some old Albanian addresses...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home