Friday, July 11, 2008

Mississippi River Challenge Soliciting

I plan to be back in town in time to participate in one of my most favorite events - The Mississippi River Challenge! Ever since Rob and I did it years back, I got addicted to the 44 mile kayak trip from Coon Rapids to Grey Cloud Island. Saturday evening, you get to camp out at Fort Snelling. I'll be paddling as a safety captain again this year.

This year they've added a bicycle option and there is also the option to paddle only one day.

First, I'd like to encourage any one reading this to participate in this great event! You get to glide along our incredible river, weaving through our metro area. If you come, I'll be sure to send you on some of the most beautiful secret spots of this river!

Second, if you are not doing this and would like to contribute to the FMR, you can sponsor a paddler. (Personally, I'd much rather see you there. I don't get to see people as much any more. :( Boo-hoo.) But if you would like to sponsor... click this link: HERE. I think you can find the name of the person you might be looking for in the pull-down. But no pressure at all. I'd have but pennies to contribute to others myself, so I more than understand! Believe me!

Must hit the road, but give the Challenge a thought and ask me if you got any questions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home