Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Twas a Glorious Fourth

It was splendid to be back for the Fourth of July. Our 232nd year since declaring Independence from mother England would be celebrated with perfect weather and fireworks. Being that my neighborhood turns into a cocophony of crackers and rockets of all variety, I am excited to return to the garden for the show. The sound is most usually continuous. Yes, you hear the hail of firecrackers and bottle rockets and occasionally M-80's, but most spectacular the blossoms shot many stories skyward. You hear people speak of the 'good ol' days' when everyone had fireworks. That must have been truly fun! But never before has their been such accessibility to professional fireworks. The ones you need batteries to fire and those that light the entire neighborhood in red glow! I stood at the pinnacle of my roof, with a nice fire going in the back yard, the moon, Mars and Saturn in conjunction in the west and all around me rose the exploding blossoms. You could see the 'bigger' community shows in the distance, but why leave your backyard when the East Side has one of its own?! I tried to upload my audio file, but with no luck. I'll try and include it later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home