Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Welcome to Disney

I woke early and drove from Daytona to Orlando and did my shot at another resort. This one happens to be on land that Disney owns and is adjacent to the Disney park. I visited the Disney Market and ate at one of the restaurants. Yes, the food is expensive here. After some more shots I returned to the hotel and enjoyed a bit of time in the sun. It is summer weather here. With temps in the 80's and skies full of thunderstorm clouds. The Floridians complain of the heat.

There happened to be a pub which caught my eye in the market. So, I returned this evening for a crock of mussels and a few Murphy's. I'm a sucker for a good pub, especially one that has good live music and has employees that hail from Ireland. I followed the mussel eating lessons learned in New Zealand, using the initial shell as pinchers for the subsequent. The Murphy's on tap was so tasty to me! As friends can attest, normally not a beer connoisseur, I loved the smoothness of this stout. Yumm.

After returning, I followed the advice of my experienced aunt and purchased a two-day park-hopper pass. This will allow me to switch, at whim, between any of the four parks.

I've taken a picture from my window, partially to demonstrate HDR, or, High Dynamic Range. Which makes a composite of 3 different pictures, each bracketed at different brightness. The effect is a surreal image. I've used a shareware program that does this for me. Since I haven't paid for it, it embosses its name right on the image. But if you have a program with CS2 you can create ones of your own. I plan to play with this affect some more, this is just for starters. You should play with it too! (Epcot is at the center of the picture.)

Tomorrow I wake to shoot a little breakfast action with Mickey at the hotel and then I'll jump on the shuttle and begin my childhood fun. The camera is a bit of an anchor. My plan is to sample the parks as best as I can with it, do the on camera bit and then put it in a locker and allow some unhindered exploration. Hopefully there is time for that and hopefully, the thunderstorms stay away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home